Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peer Review

a. For Production week, I looked over Malik's Production Schedule. I always believe it to be interesting to complete a week and see how well it accorded to the original intentions/structure/plan/etc. I unfortunately strayed away from the path I had created via my production schedule so I am interested in how it panned out for other students and seeing that Malik had a similar schedule to mine made me inclined to peer review and evaluate his respective schedule.

It looks like he has his resources covered so he omitted that from the schedule so as far as that goes, I believe he already has the assets he needs. I believe he can utilize my review in that I conducted a similar schedule for producing my content and offered my retrospective opinions regarding the process, particularly the amount of time spent on each part of the composition he is creating. The Student Guide offers particular advice regarding the importance of bringing everything together to create a relevant conclusion so I attempted to incorporate that into my evaluation. Overall, it was good to see my peers in similar mindsets as myself.

b. I wandered over to Section 6 for the secondary portion of the peer review process for this week. I evaluated Gaby Marty's Production Report and made some content suggestions. If I were to add one thing to this opening section, it would be an explicit definition of child-rearing. I will admit this is a concept that I do not totally comprehend just by name-drop so as a member of the audience who is not familiar and would like to be invited into the argument, a definition would have been appreciated by me. Aside from that, I believe content-wise Gaby is doing a great job. As an opening section, the form may be critiqued in that it is a bit lengthy and casual to powerfully hook the audience's interest in the argument at hand in terms of the audience a Standard College Essay aims to entice. I can easily tell where the composition is being led and prepares for me what is to come in the piece, the level of detail, voice, and development is great in her piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment