Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

With the new look on blogging going forward, a lot went right, some went wrong, but I'm feelin' alright.

1. The successes of this week and overall revitalized structure of our classroom can be captured in one word: efficiency. Instead of having of what I viewed as unnecessary blog posts in the rubble of what truly mattered, we just had the three most significant parts of the pre-production phase that were emphasized by the blog posts. As a result, I really think I maximized the value of my time amid a busy week of midterms. I am most happy with my production schedule as with a bulk of the content already produced in my content online, I can constructively assemble my project over the next week with the concrete schedule I have made. I have made a promise to myself to adhere to the scheduled dates and times. Identifying the genres I will investigate beforehand, such as the poster-presentation, and finding examples, as from the academic journal Nature Neuroscience, and revealing the importance of the evidence have already substantiated my effort to stop my procrastination habits.

2. Not much went wrong, other than the time I am submitting this as I had an extremely busy day and just got home and was a bit overwhelmed after rushing to submit blog posts this past Sunday, just two days ago. My hope is this one hour I took to put my all into my pre-production phase rather than rush it to submit before midnight will not cost me my grade.

3. Based on my experiences this week, I think next week will go accordingly to my success of the pre-production phase. During the writing process, I often struggle with the assortment and actual selection of information and commentary during my production but thanks to the new pre-production components, much of that has been accomplished efficiently and time-effectively so I envision next week being relatively easy.

4. I am feeling much better about this than Project 1, to be honest. I think this is much a due to the new blogging and remodeling of the course Sean instituted this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment